Jul 16, 2020 Matthew Hung
$5,000 grants for business and charities
The Victorian Government recently introduced the Business Support Fund – Expansion, in response to the present Stage 3 “Stay at Home” restrictions announced in Victoria. This program is a modified version of the previous $10,000 Business Support Fund grant, and provides eligible organisations with a $5,000 grant.
What are the key dates?
The program opened for applications on Monday, 13 July 2020 and will close at 11.59 pm on Wednesday 19 August 2020.
Does it apply to Not-for-profit organisations?
Yes. Not-for-profit organisations can apply for a grant as long as they meet the eligibility criteria.
What is the eligibility criteria?
Organisations can apply where they meet all the criteria listed below. They must:
- Operate a business (or charitable activity) located in one of the 31 metropolitan Melbourne Local Government Areas or Mitchell Shire
- Be a participant in the Commonwealth Government’s JobKeeper Payment scheme
- Employ people
- Be registered with WorkSafe on 30 June 2020
- Have an annual payroll of less than $3 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis
- Be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) as at 30 June 2020
- Hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at 30 June 2020
- Be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator (ASIC, the ACNC, or Consumer Affairs Victoria).
Eligible organisations will need to provide evidence of operating in the restricted zone by uploading their most recent utility bill (gas, electricity, telecommunications, water), lease agreement, or council rate notice at the time of application.
How can funds be used?
Grant funds must be applied for the purposes of the organisation, including:
- Meeting business costs, including utilities, salaries or rent
- Seeking financial, legal or other advice to support business continuity planning
- Developing the business through marketing and communications activities
- Any other supporting activities related to the operation of the business.
How do I apply?
You can click here. It is the government’s intention to process applications within 10 business days.
How can RDL help?
We are able to lodge the application on your behalf, or answer any questions you may have. Just call or email us.