Oct 22, 2021 Matthew Hung
Business Cost Assistance Program Round Four – Construction
The Victorian government’s grant program to provide financial assistance to businesses in the construction industry, which were impacted by the recent Covid mandates, is now open. The program will remain open until 11:59pm on 9 November 2021 or when funds are exhausted, whichever is sooner. Therefore eligible businesses should apply as a matter of urgency.
- To be eligible for the program, businesses must:
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN on and from 24 September 2021
- be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator eg ASIC
- be located within Victoria
- be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on and from 24 September 2021
- (for employers) have an annual Victorian payroll of up to $10 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis
- operate in an eligible sector listed on this list of eligible ANZSIC classes
- have been contracted (prior to the restriction period being announced) to undertake, or supply workers to undertake, work at a construction worksite that was shut down due to the COVID-19 restrictions announced 20 September 2021 in Local Government Areas in metropolitan Melbourne, City of Greater Geelong, Mitchell Shire, or Surf Coast Shire.
- have incurred direct costs because of the restrictions in effect from 21 September to 4 October 2021 and been unable to operate remotely.
Businesses that employ staff must be registered with WorkSafe Victoria, and attest that the business is supporting its workers to access any paid leave entitlements during the construction sector shutdown, and supported their causal workers, where possible.
Where a business does not employ staff the business owner must hold a WorkSafe Construction Induction Training Card (white card or ‘ticket’), or interstate equivalent.
Recipients of the Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two, the Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two July Extension, or the Small Business COVID Hardship Fund are not eligible for this grant.
How much is the grant?
The amount of the grant will be determined by the size of the payroll, as follows:
- $2000 for non-employing businesses
- $2800 for employing businesses with annual payroll below $650,000
- $5600 for employing businesses with an annual payroll between $650,000 and less than $3 million
- $8400 for employing businesses with an annual payroll between $3 million and $10 million.
Businesses that receive funding under this program will not be eligible for automatic top-up payments under the Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two and the Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two July Extension.
The program guidelines are available here.
A helpful list of Frequently Asked Questions can be accessed here.
You can apply here.
We are here to help
We are ready and equipped to support you, so please don’t hesitate to contact us if we can be of help. Just call us on 9878 1477, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org